Set in the beautiful Fontsanta Hotel in Mallorca, and led by leading nutritional and environmental medical specialist Dr Franziska Meuschel, More Than Health offers a new dimension in therapeutic medical retreats. Our Autumn 2023 Retreat is focussed on Water - at Fonsanta you will be immersed in both the healing thermal waters of the only natural warm spring in Mallorca and you can experience swimming in the clear turquoise waters or walking in the shallows on the fine white sand of one of the most beautiful beaches in the Balearics.
Firmly embedded in our Seasonal Medicine concept, we run Retreats in Spring and Autumn to align with the changing seasons.
Focus on your health in this natural, exclusive resort and bathe in its tranquillity while establishing sustainable practices for your long-term health.
Our unique programme stands apart from other medical health retreats in several ways. Firstly we include a pre-retreat consultation to ensure that your program is ready from the first day of the retreat.
Secondly, we don’t restrict the selection or number of treatments provided. You will have daily consultations and our medical team will adapt your treatments based on your individual needs and on the wide range of combined treatment choices that we have to offer. Since Dr Meuschel was trained in naturopathy before studying medicine, she will always look for the most gentle and efficient approach she considers to be most beneficial for you.
During your stay the whole team is present, which means you have not only access to Dr Meuschel, specialising in Functional Medicine, Metabolic Health and Fasting but also to Life Span psychology, Management training, Naturopathy, Sleep Medicine, Autogenic Training, Cranio-sacral and classic Osteopathy, Resilience Training and Mindfulness, Relationship counselling and Addiction support and more, all tailored to your individual needs.
Our retreats are truly exclusive. The entire resort is reserved for our retreat guests and their spouses only, allowing our guests to concentrate on their health, while enjoying the surroundings of a 5-star resort set in the space and tranquillity of a national park.
Finally, we also include up to six-weeks aftercare to help you maintain the healthy practices established during the retreat. You will have access to the same team during that time and will also be given the option to become a More Than Health member which gives you access to the support of the specialist team on an ongoing basis.
Retreats usually last 8 to 10 days, stays of under 8 days are not recommended. Bring your family and friends (they do not need to participate in the treatments) and share the rejuvenating experience at Fontsanta Hotel in Mallorca.
THE RETREAT PROGRAM
• Pre-retreat consultation and preparations with Dr Franziska Meuschel.
• Initial consultation at the retreat with Dr Meuschel and the retreat healthcare specialists.
• A strictly individualized approach to diet from full fasting to F.X.Mayr or vegan or ketogenic options depending on your individual needs.
• Daily review of diet, digestion, blood sugar, pH, detoxification support, sleep and autonomic nervous system activity.
• Daily physical treatments, including abdominal treatment according to F.X. Mayr to tone and stimulate the gut, facilitating digestive health or osteopathy or lymphatic drainage or full or part body massage.
• Daily choice of tailored treatments according to clients' needs including: Functional and Orthomolecular Medicine, Micro-immunotherapy, Life Span Psychology, Management Training, Naturopathy and Homeopathy, Sleep Training, Cranio-sacral and classic Osteopathy, Resilience Training and Mindfulness, Relationship Counselling and Addiction Support, Pain Management, Sleep Training and more.
• Autogenic Training – based on daily group sessions with the first four core elements of Autogenic Training. Plus, additional one-to-one session with the Retreat psychologist.
• Adaptive Resilience with Dr Peter Gruenewald – based on group sessions with an introduction to core techniques of physiology and psychology of stress and resilience. Plus one additional one-to-one session in Leadership Training or Coherence Training.
• Further daily group activities – daily swimming in the sea, daily Spa water treatments, Yoga sessions and Mindfulness activities.
• Introduction to EMDR to allow you to access and deal with past trauma.
• Full use of Fontsanta's 5-star exclusive relaxation and environmental activity program.
• Up to 6 weeks aftercare program to support sustainable practice.
Our next Retreat is in Mallorca from 9th November to 19th November 2023. To receive more details email email@example.com or complete our contact form.
ACCOMMODATION AT FONTSANTA HOTEL
Clients at the Retreat will be able to relax and revive in the architect-designed luxury and beauty of a variety of accommodation at Fontsanta. We have exclusive use of the 5-star resort.
Antoni Esteva uses exquisite natural materials, abundant light and a neutral colour palette to promote a feeling of space, tranquillity and peace.
Luxury suites and rooms all have private terraces with incredible views: some overlook the beautiful pool area , others the calming gardens and some have limitless views over El Salobrar wetlands.
FOOD & NUTRITION
While fasting may be part of the program – eating delicious, nutritious and beautifully prepared meals is also part of the retreat experience. Our program will make eating a sensory and pleasurable experience – maximising the nutritional benefits from your food while promoting healthy digestion.
Our program is flexible and will work with your preferences and requirements in different ways. The outstanding chefs at 5-star Retreat will prepare menus that are tailored for our clients, changing elements to meet their varying dietary preferences. The food is outstanding and prepared in the most sensitive and simple way using the freshest seasonal ingredients.